This week I'm bringing to you an absolute winner! Fig, Vanilla Bean & Gin is such a tasty treat and a great selection for your Autumn wedding. Figs are just coming into season so why not take advantage of this! This cocktail tastes AMAZING and it can also be made en masse which is great for when you have thirsty guests hanging out for a drink.
Ingredients (Serves 1...sort of)
1 and a half shots of gin
A dash of bitters
3 shots of tonic water
6 fresh figs, halved with the stems removed (keep half a fig for garnish)
Half a cup of sugar
Half a cup of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (or the seeds from one vanilla bean)
1. Add the figs, sugar, water and vanilla bean to a small saucepan and bring to the boil (we are making a syrup!)
2. Reduce heat to medium-low
3. While stirring, cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the figs break down
4. Allow to cool, then strain using a fine mesh strainer (this syrup will make up to 10-12 cocktails)
5. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
6. Add the gin, a shot of your yummy fig syrup and bitters
7. Stir the ingredients
8. Strain into a glass with ice, and top with tonic to taste
9. Garnish with a fresh fig slice
I hope you enjoy one of my favourite cocktails! Gin is all the rage right now so I don't see why not!
Samuel Meathrel is the Founder and Director of Her Bride His Groom, and a keen cocktail lover! Recipe and photographs care of www.thehomemadehaus.com.