If you haven't heard of Frosé then you are almost certainly living under a rock. Frozen Rosé is all the rage at the moment, and it's just SO simple to make! Just remember that you need a bit of time up your sleeve as the Rosé needs six hours freezing time!
1 Bottle of Rosé (We used Pike & Joyce Pinot Noir Rosé for no other reason than it's AMAZING)
1/2 a cup of sugar
1 cup of strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 and half shots of lemon juice
1. Pour rosé into a pan and freeze until almost solid. It won't solidify completely, but it will need about 6 hours in the freezer.
2. Bring sugar and 1/2 a cup of water to boil in a saucepan over medium heat
3. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves
4. Add strawberries and remove from heat
5. Sit for thirty minutes to infuse the sugar syrup with strawberry flavour
6. Strain into a small bowl (don't press on the solids!)
7. Cover and chill
8. Scrape the frozen rosé into a blender and add the lemon juice.
9. Pour in about 3 shots of the strawberry sugar syrup and one cup of crushed ice
10. Puree until smooth.
11. Pop the blender jug back in the freezer for about 25-35 minutes.
12. Blend again until slushy and serve! Use whatever you like to garnish!
I hope you enjoy! This is certainly one of the favourites in our office! Yummm. Recipe courtesy of www.bonappetit.com.
Samuel Meathrel is the Founder and Director of Her Bride His Groom and a keen cocktail lover!