Yum yum yum. So the weather has been a little cooler this week, yet I'm still hooked on summery cocktails. Today we are looking at one of my favourites, and that is Sangria! I am however putting a twist on the typical Sangria recipe, and that is adding Watermelon! This cocktail is so refreshing and a sure fire way to make your wedding an absolute hit!
Watermelon & Cucumber Sangria
1kg of cubed/balled watermelon
1 large cucumber sliced
2 limes sliced
2 tablespoons of honey
5 shots of your favourite vodka
1 bottle of dry white wine
Handful of mint
1. Put aside a handful of watermelon balls. Blend the rest.
2. Pour through a strainer in to a carafe.
3. Add the white wine, vodka, cucumber, lime and honey.
4. Stir and refrigerate for a couple of hours
5. Pour into ice filled glasses and garnish with watermelon balls and mint
I hope you enjoy this refreshing and oh so tasty Sangria recipe. Until next time!
Samuel Meathrel is the Founder of Her Bride His Groom, and a keen cocktail lover!